Itinerary – Journey to Avalon Retreat 2019
Journey to Avalon: Plant Wisdom Retreat
July 24 – 30, 2019
July 24th: Pick up from London/Heathrow by 12 noon.
LUNCH/DINNER NOT PROVIDED
Check Into Accommodation (Oxford Belfry)
25th & 26th: The Bach Center Level 1 Flower Essence Training – The Bach Center’s own Level 1 course runs at Mount Vernon, Dr Bach’s home in Oxfordshire, England. The course lasts two days. Each day starts at 9.30am and ends at about 4.30pm. Learning at Mount Vernon is a great experience – the class will be limited to just our group and you will have time to meet the Bach Center team and soak up the ambiance of Dr. Bach’s home and gardens. All participants will receive a Level 1 certificate of completion from the Bach Center.
2x Breakfasts included @ the Oxford Belfry Hotel
Morning and afternoon refreshments and a packed lunch will be provided on both days.
Travel to Accommodation @ Earth Spirit Center – 27/28/29 July (3 nights)
27th: 1/2 Day Avebury – Lunch Out @ The Red Lion
The village of Avebury nestles within the Stonehenge and Avebury World Heritage Site. Recognized for its globally important Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments, here you’ll find the world’s largest stone circle, stone avenues and ancient tombs. Much of Avebury and the surrounding landscape is owned and cared for by the National Trust and is free to explore for everyone all year round. The first farmers made their mark at Avebury almost 6,000 years ago and archaeologists are still finding clues to their lives. The stone circle and huge henge banks and ditches were erected around 4,300 years ago and you are free to wander around and among the standing stones today, allowing you to walk in the footsteps of the ancestors.
Breakfast + Dinner included
28th: Full Day Glastonbury (Lunch Out)
Sunrise Stonehenge Experience
Situated in the Somerset Levels, Glastonbury is best known for its Tor and Abbey, which sit outside of town and also for its two infamous wells that can be found within the city. The Chalice Well, also known as the Red Spring, is a well situated at the foot of Glastonbury Tor. The natural spring and surrounding gardens are owned and managed by the Chalice Well Trust. Less than 100 meters from the Chalice Well, famous for its red water, flows a second and uniquely related well, the ‘White spring’ or ‘White well”. The white spring is a calcium and energy rich well that flows up at the foot of Glastonbury Tor. We spend the day visiting the wells along with the colorful quirky little town at the heart of Somerset, shop for herbs, incense and crystals, and try some of the local vegan and organic eateries.
Breakfast + Dinner included
29th: Full Day Bath/Lacock (Lunch Out)
Bath Museum, Make Flower Essences with the Well Water of Avalon.
* Free audioguides are available at the Bath Museum
Closing ceremony with bonfire on sheepskin rugs.
Breakfast + Dinner included
30th: Check Out
[Breakfast included + Packed Lunch]
Group completes, and people source own accommodation for night of 30th July.
PRICE (does not include airfare): $2600
- Deposit: $800 due immediately to reserve your spot. Space is very limited as we keep the group size very small. This is a non-refundable deposit, but is negotiable if we can sell your spot.
- PAYMENT ONE: March 31, 2019: Payment of $900.00
- PAYMENT TWO: May 31, 2019: Balance due $900.00
- Transfer to/from London Heathrow airport (LHR) at designated time/s
- Shared room accommodations – please let us know if you would prefer a single occupancy for an extra fee
- All breakfasts, most lunches and some dinners as specified in the itinerary
- All entrance fees as outlined in the itinerary
- Airport pickup/drop off and all ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Herb classes taught by Lupo Passero & Brooke Sullivan (Community Herbalists & Flower Essence Practitioners)
- Local Guides
Supplies to make Flower Essences in Bath with White Well water (4 x 1oz stopper bottler per person).
- Airfare; please do not finalize/purchase any airfare until we have confirmed that this departure will go. If it does not go due to lack of participants, all funds will be refunded. We are keeping watch on airfare trends and are happy to help coordinate air travel if so desired.
- Travel insurance (we very strongly recommend this, see registration form for more info)
- Some meals as specified in itinerary
- personal expenses/spending
- any transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- paper/notebooks and whatever you like to have for note-taking
- Intimate group size, not to exceed 16 people
- Daily herb and essence classes, workshops & ceremonies
- Local Guide/s
- Certificate of Completion
- Completely escorted
- Travel documents - A valid passport is needed.
- Weather - It is much like the weather in the Northeast, but perhaps a bit cooler. For a better feel, you can check the weather online to get an idea of what to expect.
- Money (Euros) – Our personal experience has been to use the local ATMs to get Euros. There is, of course, a fee. Check with your bank. Consider the convenience, security and ease of having access to your money most anywhere you go and the fee suddenly seems reasonable. Do NOT use Traveler’s Checks – there will be no place to cash them in. Please also keep in mind that credit cards are not always as widely accepted as in the US.
- Baggage - we ask that you pack as lightly as possible. Our transportation has limited baggage stowage.
- Backpacks and water bottles - are recommended and are very useful for our daily outings.
- Notebooks – consider what kind of notebook is most comfortable for you as we will not always be in a “classroom” setting.
- Comfortable shoes and layered clothing – highly recommended for our daily outings. Evenings are cool. Meal times will be casual. Please remember, pack simply and lightly!
- Hiking - there will be plenty of walking and hiking. Most of it is considered easy, but there are a few places where the hike is more moderate. There will always be a place where you can sit out if so desired.
Every effort will be made to follow the itinerary as noted. We reserve the right to make adjustments as necessitated by weather, safety and unforeseen variables.
Registrations are now open for this exquisite Retreat, click HERE